Monday, March 1, 2010

There's a first for everything!

On a warm sunny afternoon here in Canada my mother-in-law and I took a trip to the fabric store. Officially I was there to find material for a Quillow my Tante and I were going to make together but as per usual I got a little sidetracked...


This was the result. I blame it on the people who make children's fabric too cute! Either way I decided that I needed to make a baby quilt. At the time I didn't know what I was having so we tried to make it gender neutral.

So now that I had material and I knew I wanted a baby quilt all I had to do is figure out how in the heck I was going to do that, considering I couldn't even sew in a straight line.

What to do...I called my RS President who happens to be my Visiting Teacher and is known in our ward for being a pro quilter with 30 odd years of experience. Jackpot...she agreed to teach me how to do it. I designed the pattern myself and began the long process.

It was a difficult process and I struggled a lot to try and sew in a straight line, but it's almost done! SO EXCITED!!! At the moment all that is left is the border...so when I finish next Monday I will make sure to add a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment